Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Pros and Cons: Riding The Bus

Taking The Express Bus To And From Work

Top 10 reasons why I love to ride the bus:

10. It takes just 20 minutes to get to work using the carpool lane
9. I get to feel sorry for the poor folks stuck in traffic (at 6 a.m.)
8. I get to sleep while the bus driver merrily drives us to work
7. I get to look out the window and not think of anything important
6. I get to converse with the regulars and meet new people
5. I make new friends with folks from work while we wait together at the bus stop
4. I live just 3 miles away from the Park-And-Ride parking lot
3. Said parking lot is just 1.5 miles from my gym
2. Bus rides are FREE for City of Phoenix employees
1. My car could last two months on a full tank of gas.


Top 10 reasons why I dislike riding the bus:

10. If the bus were just 1 minute ahead of schedule, I'd miss it
9. Wanting to catch my regular bus makes me drive fast
8. I am annoyed by slow drivers in the fast lane (at 6 a.m.)
7. On the ride home, sometimes I take a nap, which makes me not want to work out afterwards
6. I get motion sickness if I get a seat without an outside view
5. After work, people abandon the "After you" gestures and just trip over each other to get off the bus and get home
4. From May to September, walking the one block to the bus stop in 90- to 115-degree heat sux
3. There's a guy with headphones playing very loud music at 6 a.m.
2. Sometimes a co-worker will sit beside me and won't shut up
1. I can tell when someone close by hasn't take a shower

No comments: